I’d like to thank Violet from Wool and Words for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award!
So let’s get into it:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well (Okoto Enigma)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions provided by whoever nominated you
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees five questions
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Me:
- I’m the child of two Nigerian immigrants 🇳🇬 🇳🇬 🇳🇬
- I currently work as an accountant
- I love sports 🏀⚽️ and music 🎧
Questions for Me
- What motivated you to start a blog?
- I kinda started this blog on a whim. As I was spending a lot of time immersing myself in Black/African literature early this year I had this desire to write about what I was reading and the themes/ideas the authors were presenting. The lull of quarantine provided the opportunity to do that.
- Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
- Write for yourself. I’ve made blogs in the past where I lost my interest because I was trying to appeal to everyone except myself. I wasn’t interested in what I was writing. Remember that you are the most important member of your audience.
- What book impacted you the most/or you absolutely loved?
- 1984 by George Orwell. One of my favorite books that I read in high school and a book I think about very often, especially in this day and age. Also The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and, more recently, Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- What is one dream you would like to accomplish in your lifetime?
- That’s a tough one. I don’t expect to do either of these, but it would be really cool to either write a book or create an app, or both.
- What was a place/country you had on your bucket list before COVID-19?
- Italy and China, which coincidentally were two of the places hit hardest by the coronavirus 😅. I still hope to visit them in the future.
The Black Book Blog
The Opinionated Freakum
Questions for the Nominees:
- What made you want to start blogging?
- What was your favorite book/book series that you read as a child?
- What book(s) are you looking forward to reading the most?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What new TV shows, hobbies, etc. have you enjoyed during quarantine?